Communications and Events Intern!
Work is assigned and supervised by the Executive Director of the Habitat for Humanity of the Greater Harrisburg Area. Given the nature of non-profit work, the candidate must have a passion for public sector service and community engagement. An ideal candidate will want to gain experience in non-profit event hosting, fundraising, community and economic development, and urban studies. Assignments are expected to be carried out under limited supervision within the office or remotely, therefore only candidates with sound judgment, time management skills, and internal motivation should apply.
- Using their individual interest, candidate will develop and investigate innovative materials and programs to build and retain relationships with donors, volunteers, community members, and regional supporters of non- profit organizations.
- Social Media Coordination – Applicant will maintain the organizations social media presence under the supervision of the administrative staff. This will include existing and emerging forms of non-profit online marketing.
- Communication – Candidate will draft the affiliates public statements and marketing material prior to staff approval to include press releases, website posts, event material, and external communications.
- Fundraising Activities – Applicant will serve as the liaison between community partners and administrative staff for all fundraising activities.
- Outreach – The ideal applicant will have an interest in event hosting and coordination, with excellent communication skills and ability to coordinate and relay messages between the public, outside vendors, and the staff.
The best candidate will be chosen from a pool of currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate students who can demonstrate that they seek to gain hands on experience in grassroots community development within an international organization.
- Minimum 10 hours a week spent in the office.
- Submittal of all work assignments within determined deadlines.
- $1,500 stipend awarded to candidate per semester enrolled in school
Directions to Apply:
Interested candidates should forward a resume, major course listings, and a writing/project sample of their choosing to Lyndsey Sturkey at firstname.lastname@example.org.